Thanks to Joyce (www.makebpdstigmafree.wordpress.com) and Tessa (www.tessacandoit.wordpress.com) for (separately) nominating me for the Liebster award. I don’t understand exactly how this works but will do my best!:
Questions asked by Joyce:
- Where do you live? London, England.
- What do you find most satisfying about blogging? It is a healthy outlet for whatever is going on for me. It helps me to process things I face on a daily basis in an expressive and effective – not self-destructive! – way. It has also enabled me to ‘meet’ some wonderful people within the WordPress community and receive a lot of meaningful feedback on my writing and experiences.
- What is the hardest thing about blogging? It takes a lot of time out of my day and I feel guilty if I don’t blog regularly. I also have to remind myself why I am blogging – it is not for the publicity, and I have to remember this every time I obsessively check my ‘Stats’ page.
- What do you think is the biggest problem facing mental health today? Lack of long-term appropriate individualised support, whether due to lack of funding or awareness or other reasons.
- Have you found that the blogging community is a great source of support? Yes!
- How long have you been blogging? About 2-3 months.
- What is your passion in life? Hopefully become a Clinical Psychologist within the next decade. I then want to set up an intensive DBT residential unit like the one I was a patient at in America. At some point I also want to write a book.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Here – London.
- Why? Because even though I’ve wanted to move to so many other places I’ve visited or researched (South Africa, Boston, Colorado, Copenhagen, Kerala), the truth is that I could never leave my family, friends and support network here. Home is where the heart is.
- What do you like most about yourself? I try to consider other people and be as kind and thoughtful as I can be, in pretty much everything I do.
- What are you the most proud of? Not sure what I am most proud of, but I am quite proud of this blog, and of the progress I’ve made throughout my recovery. I am proud to be a member of my unconditionally supportive family. (Excuse my cheesiness, I just have so much love for them right now.)
Questions asked by Tessa:
- What is your favorite food? Depends on how I’m feeling. I love this salad that my Mum makes with everything yummy thrown in for a main meal, and always ice cream for dessert! Pizza tastes pretty good too.
- What is your favorite vacation spot? So many… but I’ll go with The Grand Canyon because I can’t compare it’s beauty and vastness to anything else I have ever seen.
- If there were no restrictions what line of work would you do? Clinical Psychology, writer, possibly speaker.
- If you have pets, what are their names? My pets prefer to remain anonymous but they do have awesome unique names.
- Where would like to retire to? No idea yet – wherever my family are, most likely.
- What is your favorite make of car? I don’t know/care much about cars!
- What is your favorite wild animal? Elephants.
- If income wasn’t an issue what cause would you sponsor or donate to? All the causes! Especially ones working with vulnerable children, animals, mental health, victims of trauma (any kind), poverty, etc.
- House, apartment or mobile home? I live between my parents’ houses.
- Who is your idol? Louis Zamperini.
- Do you play an instrument? I used to play piano, haven’t had lessons in years but occasionally play for pleasure or as a regulation skill.
People I nominate for the award:
- Lucy – www.littlelucyknows.wordpress.com
- Mildlyperturbed – www.mildlyperturbed.wordpress.com
- Ruby – www.beshhnow.blogspot.com
- Ducky – www.duckydoestherapy.tumblr.com
- Ginny – www.pleasestayanotherday.tumblr.com
My questions to you:
- What motivated you to set up your blog?
- What are the pros on blogging?
- What are the cons?
- What would be your dream place to live?
- Who do you trust most in the entire world?
- Name 3 things you are super passionate about.
- Who is your role model?
- What would be an apt life motto for you in under 20 words?
- Name one thing you want to do in life before you die.
If you choose to accept this award and need some guidance, check out this link here for rules.